Why you need a makeup artist?
- Makeup artists can apply makeup with high details and deliver a professional result.
- Makeup artists understand colour ways and how to enhance your features.
What should I do before going to a makeup artist?
- You should have an idea as to what level of ehancement you need and the look you would like to acheive for example "natural look” or "a makeover”.
- You should know the colour and style of your dress and accessories.
- Be open minded to your makeup artist and trust his or her opinion and suggestions. If you want to achieve a very natural look like wearing nothing on your face ...maybe you don’t need a makup artist at all!
- You should realise when you have makeup on your face, most of the time you can’t see yourself but the others or the public can. For this reason you should trust your makeup artistst and have an open mind about the style, colours and look.
What should I do and not do during the makeup session?
- You should not be late and rush your makeup artist.
- Your should sit, relax on your makeup artist’s chair and do not engage your makup artist to speak too much as your makeup artist will need to concentrate working on your face.
- Your makeup artist will need your face to be stable as he or she will need your face as the stable base to draw eyebrown, eyeliner and lipstick. This is why you should not move your face too much.
- Follow your heart and tell your makeup artist and hairstylist about the theme of the makeup and hairstyle you wish to achive.
- Do not let your friends decide for you what you should look like.
You should not keep looking at and mirror and checking the progess of your makeup. Your makeup artist will not like this at all and this can slow down the job.
How can I prepare before my makeup session?
- Please let us know what your skin tone is. When your appointment is confirmed you can send an email to us with your current facial picture to me that will be the best for my preparation.
- For Makeup For Men / Drag Makeup / Male To Female Makeup please shave about 2 - 3 hours before your makeup to avoid sensitive skin, bleeding etc.
- Before we arrive, you will need to wash your face, apply very little moisturiser (just enough to avoid dry skin) and avoid wearing any type of makeup nor cream that has colour.
- You should wear a low collar shirt/t-shirt or something that can be easily to take off if you plan to get changed after your makeup session.
How long does it take for my makeup session?
- General makeup is about 1 hour and 15 minutes session. You should not rush your makeup artist to do the job faster as it may affect the result of your appearance. Please remember “beauty takes time” .
- General makeup are Glamorous Makeup, Male Makeup, Makeup For Men/ Male Makeup, Prom Makeup, Makeup For Special Occasions, Makeup For Photo- Film Shooting, Makeup For Asian-Oriental & Eyes Enhancement which are not for weddings.
- Drag Makeup takes about 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Male To Female Makeup takes about 1.5 hours.
- Bridal makeup takes about 1 - 1.5 hours if you had a trial before hand. It takes about 1.5 hours - 3 hours if you did not have a trial.
- Please allow 30 min extra for a home visit service at your home (e.g. setting up, filling a consultation form and packing up).
What are included with my makeup treatment?
- 1 pair of high qaulity strip lashes.
- Drinking water, tea and coffee. (available at James Adisai Studio only)
- Disposable mascara wands, eyeshadow applicators and sponges. If you would like to reuse them you are very welcome to take them back home with you after your makeup session.
How long does it take for my makeup to settle?
- Your makeup will take about 1 hour to settle which means when I finish your makeup it may look a bit stronger than you expect. You must give it 1 hour to settle. It will look perfect after 1 hour.
How can I remove my makeup?
- Most of my makeup are long lasting porfessional products and for the best result:
- If you have thick eyebrows (for Drag Makeup and Male To Female Makeup), we may need to groom your eyebrows with a eyebrow grooming glue. You will need to prepare Jonhnson's Baby Oil and cotton pads for the removal.
- You will need Water Proof Eye Makeup Removal applying with a cotton pad to remove your eye makeup and water proof mascara.
- For the best cleaning result for the rest of your face we would like to suggest you to clean your face with facial cleansing milk / cleansing lotion.
- Apply the cleansing lotion/milk on your face using fingers circular massaging your face.
- Apply facial cleansing foam/liquid on a wet face and rinse with slightly warm water.
- Dry your face gently, apply toner and moisturiser, then you are done.
FAQs about your hairstyling service (includes wedding hairstyles)
Are hair pieces, hair pin, hair comb, headband, hair band and hair extension included with my hairstyle service?
- No, you will need to bring your own hair pieces and hair accessories with you.
- We don’t provide hair extention service using silicone bonding glue.
- We can extend your hair by using simple hair pieces (that you provided) and bobby pins if you wish to have thicker and longer hair.
What are included with my hairstyling service?
- Bobby pins and necessary equipment such as rubber bands, hair volume sponges and hair donuts.
How can I prepare before a hairstyling?
- Please let us know what your current hairstyle is. If you can send an email to us with your current facial picture and hairstyle that will be the best for our preparation.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo the night before without applying any hair product on. (e.g. no hair spray, no hair serum)
- Your hair need to be dry before we arrive.
FAQs about your trials, wedding makeup, wedding hair and wedding day
Where should I have my trial done?
- We strongly recomment you to have your trial done James Adisai Studio as it’s fully equipped, so we know what to use and bring on your wedding day. Every wedding makeup and hairstyle is customized for each client. For your best result of you look all makeup and hair trials are offered at James Adisai Studio only.
What happens on your makeup trial day?
- Your trial bridal makeup session will take about 1.5 hours - 3 hours.
- On your bridal makeup trial day the makeup artist will spend some time with you:
- To understand your personal style.
- To experiment with colourways to find what colour suits you best.
- To show you how you will look on your wedding day to ensure that your makeup matches with your hair styles and wedding dress.
What happens on your makeup & hair trial day?
- Trial bridal makeup only takes about 1.5 hours - 3 hours.
- Both trial bridal makeup & hair trial session will take about 4 hours - 5 hours.
- On your bridal makeup trial day the artuist will spend some time with you:
- To understand your personal style.
- To experiment with colourways to find what colour theme and hairstyle suit you best.
- To show you how you will look on your wedding day to ensure that your makeup matches with your preferred hair styles and wedding dress.
What happens on your wedding day?
- Your bridal makeup & hair session will take about 2.5 hours - 3 hours.
- Your wedding day bridal makeup & hair will be applied and set with the agrreed makeup theme and hairstyle.
- Your makeup will be carefully applied with very fine details to ensure every colour blends perfectly on your face. Foundation and powder will also be applied on your neck, chest - shoulder areas to make sure that they are the same colour tone of your face, so you look fantastic and photogenic!
Shall I wear my wedding dress beofore my makeup and hairstyle ?
- No, you should not wear your wedding dress before your makeup and hairstyle.
- Most of the wedding dresses are white and the makeup can go on it easily. They are quite tight as well and we believe you will not feel comfortable to have your wedding dress on during your makeup and hair session.
What shall I wear during my bridal makeup and hair session?
- You should wear something that you can easily change later like a t-shirt or a bathrope. It will help the makeup artist to apply makeup on your neck and upper chest areas easily.
How long should I leave time for putting my wedding dress on?
You should allow at least 30 minutes extra (beside the time for your makeup and hair) for putting your dress on. This can be very useful for your makeup artist and your hairstylist as they can give you a final retouch before your first apperance to the wedding crowd.
How long does it take for my makeup to settle?
- Your makeup will take about 1 hour to settle which means when we finish your makeup it may look a bit stronger than you expect. You must give it 1 hour to settle. It will look perfect after 1 hour.
How long does my bridal makeup last on my face?
- It depends on your skin condition, oily or dry skin. If you have oily skin your makeup will last less longer than dry skin. Your makeup normally lasts about 6 hours before it’s getting quite oily. When we finish your makeup we will spray makeup setting spray on your face to help it to last longer about 8 - 10 hours. You may need a touch up every 2 - 3 hours.
Which will you do first, my bridal makeup or my hair?
- We will normally start working on your makeup first as your makeup will take a bit of time to settle. Your makeup will take about 1 hour to settle which means when we finish your makeup it may look a bit stronger than you expect. Then we will start working on your hair which takes about about 1 hour. When you hair is finished you makeup will settle and looks perfect !
Who will start first, myself or birdesmaides if it’s a group booking?
- If there is a group booking James Adisai normally works with his hairstylist colleague. We will set up 2 work stations, one for makeup and one for hairstyle.
- We will normally start working with the bride’s makeup first as you are the most inmportant lady of the day. Meanwhile James's hairstylist colleague will work on your bridesmaid’s hair.
- Then we can swap you with the bridesmaid, so you can do your hair with James's hairstylist colleague and James will do makeup for your bridesmaid.
Special makeup techniques to create a more opened appearance of the eyes for East Asian and South East Asian clients.
Glamorous makeup and hairstyle package for day out, night out and for any special occasions.
Great value beauty packages for brides and bridsmaids that come with makeup, hairstyle and beauty treatments.
A makeover experience with makeup application, hairstyling and photo shoot at our studio.
Hairstyings for your day out, night out and for any spcial occasions.
Enjoy being pampered with our facial treatments for a fresher youthful looking facial skin.
Mon - Sat: 9am - 7pm
Sun: 10am - 5pm
James Adisai Ltd
23 Cardwell Rd, London N7 0NL United Kingdom
© 2022 James Adisai Ltd. All rights reserved. Registered in UK. Company no.10649563